Construction Technology (offered at The Science Academy of South Texas in Mercedes)
Construction Technology teaches you how to maintain, repair, construct, and remodel buildings and homes in a real world, practical setting. The program includes the fundamentals of blueprint reading, site preparation, and training in carpentry, plumbing, wiring, roofing, and drywall installation.
As a STISD carpentry student you will learn all aspects of residential and light commercial construction through classroom theory and practical shop instruction and projects. All areas of residential construction will be covered, including but not limited to floor, wall, and roof framing, exterior and interior finish.
Look what you can learn in the Carpentry Program:
• Learn the skills necessary to properly build a house
• Work in a team setting.
• Use the most advanced tool, equipment and materials
• Be challenged every day by your instructor
Emphasis is placed on developing the skills you will need for your future as a contractor. Learn skills in carpentry that you will use the rest of your life whether on the job in construction or on your own home.
If you possess the desire to learn with a strong work ethic, this may be the program for you.
• Consists of 90% hands-on construction courses from experienced professionals
• Offers flexible scheduling with morning or afternoon sessions